Two schools in the community show up frequently on the list of teams and competitors in the Ohio State Swimming Tournament.
Hawken School will be represented 35 times in various events in the Division II tournaments for boys and girls. Mayfield High School is listed nine times.
Hawken has four girls swimming in the 200 Yard Freestyle, 200 Yard Individual Medley and 500 Yard Freestyle events. The school also leads the seeding for the Women's 200 and 400 Yard Freestyle Relays.
The tournament begins at 9 a.m. today at the C.T. Branin Natatorium. It continues through Saturday.
Here are a few students competing this week:
- Justin Ciferno; junior; 100 and 200 Yard Freestyles
- Grant Gillenwater; senior; 50 and 100 Yard Freestyles
- Zach Milenius; senior; 200 and 500 Yard Freestyles
- Kaitlyn Cerne; senior; 100 Yard Butterfly and 500 Yard Freestyle
- Sarah Koucheki; senior; 200 Yard Individual Medley and 100 Yard Butterfly
- Marissa Cominelli; senior; 200 Yard Individual Medley and 100 Yard Backstroke
- Micah Simpson; senior; 100 and 200 Yard Freestyles
- Henry Senkfor; junior; 200 Yard Individual Medley and 500 Yard Freestyle
- Quinn McHale; junior; 50 and 100 Yard Freestyles