Here are some of the highlights:
The Gold Resident Recognition Picnic gets underway from 11 a.m.-1:30 p.m. It’s an invitation only affair that honors long-time Mayfield Heights residents who have lived in the city for the last 50 years.
Also, the Cleveland International Challenge Cup of Bocce tournament gets underway at the Mayfield Heights City Park’s bocce courts. The tournament will be held over three days concluding Sunday.
The rides open at 5 p.m. and the wrist band prices are $15.
Also, free parking begins today at Golden Gate Plaza with free shuttle rides to the park from 5-11:30 p.m.
Other events that are scheduled for today include:
- 5:15- 6:45 p.m. – Tom Todd: Music from the 60’s, 70’s and 80’s.
- 5:30-6:30 p.m. – Ladder Truck Demo: Conducted by the Mayfield Heights Fire Department.
- 6:30-7:30 p.m. – Jungle Terry.
- 6:45-7:15 p.m. – Lakeshore Dance & Gymnastics.
- 7:30-11 p.m. – Shout! And the Legends of Soul.
- 9-10:30 p.m. – Evolution: Mayfield High School’s top band.
For more information on the Mayfield Heights Community Unity Days Festival, click here.