Did you know that you can use Patch just like Facebook?
It's like having a local social media hub.
2. Leave messages for other users: If you click on a user's name, it will bring up their profile page where you can "Leave a message for your neighbor" on the board. (It's the box located on the far right side of the page.)
3. Share photos: Patch rolled out a new feature: "Your Neighborhood Gallery." When you click on the "Gallery" tab next to the "Traffic & Gas" tab, you have a virtual photo album to share your pictures.
4. Join the conversation: Every post on the site allows users to comment. Feel like adding your two cents? It doesn't take long to type in your comment and hit submit.
5. Write posts: Blog! Any Mayfield-Hillcrest Patch reader can blog ... about anything! There is no obligation. If you're interested, email Mayfield-Hillcrest firstname.lastname@example.org. Check out all of the current blog posts here in the Local Voices section.
6. Announce things: Getting married, having a baby, having a garage sale? You can announce it to everyone instantly (and for free) by clicking here.
7. Create events: Having a fundraiser or any type of public event you want to share with everyone? Upload a free event here.
Even though you can use the site just like Facebook, don't forget to like the Mayfield-Hillcrest Patch Facebook page!