Shaker Heights Police announced that Shaker Boulevard eastbound will be closed between Warrensville Center Road and Belvoir Oval beginning at 2 p.m. Wednesday.
The closure is in preparation for the 4th of July fireworks that will take place at Shaker Middle School Wednesday night, they added.
Foot traffic will be allowed in part of the closed street, and show-goers can sit and stand up to 400 feet from the fireworks launch site.
Three other streets will be closed beginning at 8 p.m., listed below:
- Green Road, between Woodland Road and Shaker Boulevard
- Warrensville Center Road between Woodland Road and Shaker Boulevard
- Courtland Road to Shaker Boulevard eastbound
The department's Twitter account @ShakerHtsPolice announced the closure Tuesday and Chief Scott Lee said that the department would try to keep residents up-to-date on the latest closures throughout the day through the account.
See More on Patch
Most Popular articles
- Mayfield Officials Pleased with Sale of Marsol
- Mayfield Grad Plans to Launch Music Therapy Private Practice
- Scene of 'Draft Day' Filmed at Mayfield Village Dance & Gymnastics Studio
- Hot Air Balloon Drops in on Chagrin River Resident: Gates Mills Police Blotter
- Drunken Driving Checkpoint Planned This Week